You are skilled at managing several projects at once and are willing to lend a hand to help projects finish on a high note? You have proven leadership skills, enjoy challenges and are not afraid to make decisions that will make a difference? If so, you have found the challenge that you have been looking for!
Reporting to the Operations Director, you will be expected to support and improve the technical and processing activities for the company’s production operations. You will be responsible for manufacturing productivity, the continuous improvement of processes, and the manufacturing and maintenance of molds and dies. As an expert in your field, you will proactively recommend and implement the needed measures to ensure that the finished products meet the set quality standards and specifications.
- Continuous production processes improvement and maintainability.
- Implementing best practices and production training via standard work and quality instruction software.
- Planning, verifying, validating and implementing improvement projects for manufacturing costs and internal quality.
- Improve and insure 5S continuity.
- Solving common technical problems in production operations.
- Becoming familiar with prototyping and overseeing preproduction pilot in order to meet client requirements and meet efficiency parameters.
- Becoming familiar and assisting in installing and starting up new equipment and manufacturing processes.
- Becoming a valuable source for troubleshooting setups.
- Preparing technical documents, drawings, and specifications for production.
- Ensuring a healthy, safe work environment and respecting the company’s values.
- Preparing management and administrative reports to update BOMs and reviewing submissions.
- Maintaining the BOM accuracy and precision.
Requirements and competencies
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or in a related engineering discipline is required.
- Experience in implementing Lean manufacturing tools (5S, Poka Yoke, root cause analysis, PDCA, Kaizen).
- Minimum 5 years experience in a manufacturing leadership role (continuous process manufacturing).
- Asset: Expertise and knowledge in the field of extrusion rubber and silicone.
- Asset: Expertise in implementing work instructions program.
- Computer competency: Word, Excel, Outlook, Solidwork, Work instructions program.
- Fast-paced environment
- Top of the line technologies
- Result oriented, dynamic and innovative team
- A challenging position within a small team environment for someone looking to really make an impact. Growing company.
- Worksite: Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville.
At Vicone, producing, designing and optimizing extruded rubber profiles and seals are what we do best. Since 2004, we have been supporting manufacturers in their product development process, from concept to production, by using our value-added services. We’ve got you covered with our design, manufacturing, inventory management, strategic production and secondary processes.
Working with Vicone, not only do you get quality products, custom-made for your application and delivered on time, but you also get a team you can rely on. Our vision: Dare to become better.
To apply for the position, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org