Business Development Executive, Architectural Glass & Glazing
As Business Development Executive, Architectural Glass & Glazing, you will actively pursue and develop new business in the North American architectural glass and building envelope market. You understand the sales process, excel at generating leads, building relationships, and closing deals. You are passionate about what you sell – custom sealing solutions - and supporting your customers’ projects. This position reports to the President.
- Sales - Creates and implements tactical and strategic sales plans to acquire new clients.
- Networks - Leverages contacts in the industry to reach out to new prospects and initiate conversations to assess their needs and recommend Vicone solutions. Participate to tradeshows, networking events and be involved in the industry.
- Leadership - Exhibits a personal leadership style that energizes the work group and drives successful execution against tight deadlines.
- Planning and Organization - Prioritizes and plans works activities, using time efficiently.
- Communication - Selects and uses appropriate communication methods. Expresses ideas and thoughts clearly, concisely, and professionally. Exhibits good listening and comprehension, accepting criticism and feedback objectively. Keeps team members adequately informed. Reacts well and professionally under pressure. Participate in social media initiatives (interact with target audience).
- Minimum 5-8 years of consultative sales/business development experience in custom manufacturing companies
- Experience in closing and negotiating project/deal size average of over $100k
- Self-starter with superior adaptation skills
- Consultative selling approach to reach out to new prospects and customers and initiate conversations to assess their needs and recommend Vicone solutions
- Availability to travel ~25-50% required
- Track sales KPIs to achieve objectives and performance,
- Prioritizes and plans works activities, using time efficiently and likes using the CRM as a tool
- Base salary and non-capped commission structure
- Capacity to read technical drawings and/or working knowledge of custom rubber parts or general manufacturing processes
- Experience with target audience of architectural glass/building envelope engineers, designers, and executives.
- Capacity to solve problems and superior listening skills, asking the right questions
- Architectural Glass & Glazing industry - Experience in this industry is a plus and a willingness to join a small company in its high-growth phase
- Bilingual (French) is an asset
At Vicone, producing, designing and optimizing extruded rubber profiles and seals are what we do best. Since 2004, we have been supporting manufacturers in their product development process, from concept to production. In the last few years, we have built our reputation and pursue our growth in the architectural glass & glazing industry.
- Our vision: Dare to become better
- A winning team that wants to succeed and grow more and more each day.
- A family working atmosphere: we are a small team that aim to enjoy our work.
- A work environment that values collaboration, integrity, individual and collective responsibility.
- Support in professional development with continuous training.
- Social and other benefit package: group insurance, telemedicine, RRSPs, personal and sick days, Family Day, paid volunteering days, health, and wellness advantages, etc.
To apply for the position, send your CV to email@example.com